A majority of companies use Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email. Not just companies, but numerous individuals also use this software for email because it’s user-friendly and offers security. However, there are times when Outlook can cause discomfort to the brain because of various kinds of errors. One of the most common error uses faces is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] . In this article , we will examine the causes of the issue and how you correct the issue, in order to resume working with Microsoft Outlook.
What is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] and Why does it Occur?
As previously mentioned, Microsoft Outlook is secure, it makes use of SSL as well as TLS security encryptions supplied by Microsoft to transmit and receive your emails.
When you tries to connect to mail server which doesn’t have SSL and TLS security you will receive [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] , this is not the only reason for receiving pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error in your Microsoft Outlook. We will go over the other reasons and ways to fix it in our ” How to Solve” section. In order to connect to the mail server that is integrated into Outlook it needs to be equipped with at least SSL as well as TLS encryptions. Always check every parameter, including port number, authentication and secure connection before connecting.
How to solve [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Now that you understand why does [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] occur probably you have got idea on how to solve the issue. If you’re not in the technology but are still trying to resolve the issue, it’s pretty simple to follow the steps below and you’ll never again experience the problem. We will provide six possible methods to resolve the issue. One of them will solve the issue for you.
Solution 1: Check For Duplicate Account
If Microsoft Outlook is configured by duplicate account then you may see pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. If this happens for you, then resolving it is fairly simple. If you are not sure whether this is causing the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 or not then just follow the steps. In the end, procedure, if the issue is resolved, it’s probably due to a duplicate account. If there isn’t, then don’t worry as we have a variety of solutions to help you.
Follow the steps to look for duplicate accounts:
- Access the Control Panel on your desktop, and switch the display the category to ” large category“
- Then Click on Mail
- After you have logged in to mail you will be greeted by a pop-up screen.
- In that screen you can click ” E-Mail accounts” You will then be able to see all email accounts that you have configured in Microsoft outlook. Examine whether there’s a duplicate account or there isn’t. If there is delete the duplicate account because that’s the main reason for causing [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. If you don’t find any duplicate accounts, you could delete all accounts and add new ones. This could solve the issue.
After you have verified whether there are duplicate accounts or not, you can delete the duplicate accounts/all accounts, and then created a new account. Now go back and check whether this pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is solved or not.
Solution 2: Check for SMTP Setup
Its better to check the SMTP Setup for Microsoft Outlook because 80% of the time [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is caused by the misconfiguration in the SMTP. Verifying the SMTP configuration is fairly simple, just follow the instructions below:
- Follow the steps mentioned in Solution 1 of pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 to open the “E-Mail accounts” settings where you have deleted the email account.
Double-click on email address and click on “ More setting “.
- If the server you’re using is authenticated, click the box that says ” My server requires authentication“.
- Then go to Advance tab and ensure that the correct port number is selected. Below is the port numbers that should be used to connect IMAP and SMTP.IMAP 993
After setting up the SMTP After configuring the SMTP, close the program and then restart your PC. If the issue is not solved, proceed to the next step.
Solution 3: Use SCANPST.exe
If you’ve not been aware of SCANPST.exe then you are probably wondering what this is. Many Outlook users complained many issues to Microsoft like [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] so Microsoft come up with the tool that will fix the corrupt PST files which will ultimately fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. Follow the steps below to find out how to use SCANPST and fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error.
- Open file explorer. ( My Computer)
- Visit your Program Files, Microsoft Office > Office18 (Depends on the version of Office you’re using, if running Office 2014 it will be similar to Office14)
- In the Folder , search to find SCANPST.exe, and start the application as an administrator.
- Select Browse, then choose the PST file you wish to fix and then click ” Start“.
- Make sure you click the ” Make Backup” and then click Browse to choose the location you wish to store the backup. Click on ” Repair“
After repairing the damaged PST files, the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error should be fixed. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, we will need to look for a general solution that can help to solve any windows issue. I hope this solves the issue.
Solution 4: Disable Antivirus and Windows Defender
Sometimes the firewall rules of antivirus and Windows Defender causes [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] problem. Because they might consider an outgoing email to be the outgoing signal from malware. To address the issue, you should disable your antivirus or windows defender , if you’re not using antivirus.
Turning off the Antivirus is easy. Start the antivirus you’re using. There will be a button that says ” Disable Virus protection” or ” Turn off Antivirus“. Select one of the button and check whether the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is still showing or not.
To turn off the Windows Defender, follow these steps:
- Select Start > Settings Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus and threat protection settings from earlier version of Windows 10).
- Switch Protection in real-timeto off.
Disable the Antivirus or windows defender has solved pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 for most of our visitors so you should give it a try.
5. Solution: Clean the Cookies and cache
In our previous posts in which we discussed the methods to fix various errors we have repeatedly said erase cache and cookies. Like that for solving [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] you can try by clearing the cookie and cache. To do that, follow the steps:
- Enter Control+R on your keyboard to open the dialogue to run.
- Then enter ” %appdata%“
Remove all files in the folder %appdata% (suggested )or choose to delete the Microsoft Outlook folder and delete it.
After you have cleared all AppData it is time to remove these files off of LocalAppData. To do this, follow these steps.
- Enter Control+R in your keyboard to launch the run dialog.
- Then then type ” %Localappdata%“
- Once you have opened LocalAppData. Removing all files that are in the folder.
Once you have cleared your Cache and Cookies return to Microsoft to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 6: Reinstall the app
We’ve tried every options for fixing the issue. Unfortunately, none resolved the issue. Therefore, the only solution we have to consider is reinstalling the application. After reinstalling the apps add your email account in Microsoft outlook email it will surely solve the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] issue. The few steps are below for reinstalling the application.
- Open the program and its features are accessible from Control Panel
- Find Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office is part of Microsoft’s Office program.)
- Double Click on Office 365
- Follow the steps outlined on the screen.
- Make sure to install the application again by downloading the most current version from the Microsoft Office official website
- Create a new account, and then add it to Microsoft Office
- Check the you can still see [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] or not.
Getting [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] while submitting the assignment or project at deadline is surely frustrating but with out guide you no longer have to worry about the issue. Hope the above mentioned 6 points have solved your [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. If you’re still struggling with this error, then leave a comment below the exact steps you followed.