What is the full form of NIOS?
NIOS Full Form – National Institute of Open Schooling
NIOS Full Form – NIOS stands for the National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is the board of school education and is running under the Union government of India. NIOS provides remote learning or distant learning opportunities to school students to regulate the Right to Education law. So if you can’t attend regular schooling, you can opt for distant learning from NIOS. NIOS is an autonomous institution that was established in the year 1989. NIOS is a national-level board, just like CBSE and ICSE. The headquarters of NIOS is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
NIOS board offers courses such as-
1) Secondary course- equivalent to class 10th board examination
2) Senior secondary course- equivalent to class 12th board examination
3) Vocational courses
4) Life enrichment programs
NIOS provides certification for completing the courses. NIOS is recognized by all universities and colleges in India, making it easier for students to get admission into their preferred colleges after completing their NIOS certification.
NIOS also offers an Open Basic Education Programme for dropouts and adults who want to continue their education.
NIOS is flexible with its exam dates, and students can appear for the examinations at their convenience. NIOS also provides the facility of on-demand examinations in which students can appear for the examination whenever they want to.
NIOS has a very simple and easy admission process. Students can apply for admission either offline or online.
NIOS is a good option for students who want to study at their own pace and convenience. NIOS provides quality education and certification recognized by all colleges and universities in India.
How to get admission to NIOS?
NIOS is an abbreviation for the National Institute of Open Schooling. It is an educational board that allows students to continue their schooling via open and distance learning (ODL). NIOS provides a variety of courses at the Secondary and Senior Secondary levels. NIOS offers two types of admission – Regular and On-Demand.
Regular admission is available twice a year, in March and September, while on-demand admission is available. The minimum age limit for admission to NIOS is 14 years as of 31st March/31st August of admission for classes 10th & 12th, respectively. There is no maximum age limit for NIOS admission. Admission to NIOS can be made both offline and online.
NIOS admission forms are available on the official website – www.nios.ac.in. The NIOS application form has to be submitted along with the required documents and prescribed fee at the nearest NIOS study center or regional center. The completed NIOS admission form can also be submitted online.
Documents required for NIOS admission are:
- Attested copy of Birth Certificate
- Previous class mark sheet & passing certificate (if applicable)
- Photographs (4 passport sizes)
- Residence proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Voter ID etc.)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
The prescribed NIOS admission fee can be paid online or offline through a demand draft. The NIOS admission fee varies for different courses and categories.
After the NIOS application form is submitted, candidates will have to appear for a subject enrolment session. In this session, the candidate will have to choose the subjects they wish to study. NIOS offers both theory and practical subjects.
NIOS provides guidelines for study material and textbooks available on their website and study centers. Students can also avail NIOS IGNOU Study Centre List to get more information about their nearest center.
NIOS conducts two examinations annually – one in April-May (1st examination cycle) and the other in October-November (2 nd examination cycle). Students can appear for the NIOS examinations at their convenience.
NIOS also provides opportunities for students to improve their marks by appearing for a Supplementary examination conducted in July (for the 1st examination cycle) and January (for the 2nd examination cycle) every year. NIOS also offers a vocational stream at the senior secondary level.
For more information about NIOS, visit the official website – www.nios.ac.in.
Disadvantages of NIOS
There is no particular disadvantage to completing education from NIOS. Everything depends on you. If you can do self-study with the help of study materials and quality provided to you by NIOS affiliated institute, it will be a better choice for you.
However, there are a many advantages of NIOS. Here are a few of those!
Advantages of NIOS:
– NIOS provides an opportunity for students who cannot continue their studies in a regular school for some reason or the other.
– NIOS is flexible in its approach and offers learners the facility of Open and Distance Learning (ODL).
– NIOS conducts two public examinations every year in which the students can appear according to their convenience.
– The evaluation system of NIOS is very student-friendly as it does not put any restrictions on the number of attempts a learner can take to clear their examination.
– NIOS also provides a scheme of ‘On-Demand Examination (ODE)’ whereby a learner who could not clear their examination in a particular attempt can reappear in the exam by paying a nominal fee.
NIOS is perhaps the only board that allows students to improve their marks by revaluating or totaling their answer sheets.
– NIOS is the only Open Schooling Board in the country that gives grades instead of marks on the certificate.
– The NIOS Board has made special provisions for students belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories, differently-abled learners, women, and ward of Defence personnel.
– NIOS provides several value-added courses which the learner can opt for along with the main course. These include Communicative English, Information Technology (IT) courses, Bridge Courses, etc. NIOS also offers vocational courses at the Secondary and Senior Secondary levels.
– NIOS has a very wide network of study centers/accredited institutions all over the country which provide quality education to its learners.
– NIOS has a team of highly qualified and experienced staff that is always ready to provide academic and administrative support to learners and study centers/accredited institutions.
NIOS offers study materials in print and electronic format that the learner can access through the NIOS website. The study materials are prepared by a team of expert faculty members and subject experts.
– NIOS also provides guidance and counseling services to its learners through a toll-free helpline, personal contact programs (PCPs), and face-to-face interactions.
– NIOS recognizes the certificates/diplomas/degrees etc., issued by other Boards, Universities, Institutions, etc., for further studies and employment purposes.
– NIOS is an autonomous organization that functions under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. NIOS enjoys academic autonomy in its operations.
NIOS is perhaps the only Open Schooling Board in the country, ISO 9001:2008 certified. NIOS has been awarded an ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
– NIOS has entered into MoUs with many national and international organizations like the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada, etc., to enhance its reach and quality of services.
Frequently asked questions for NIOSIs.
1. What is the Frequently Asked Question for NIOSIs?
The Frequently Asked Question for NIOSIs is a list of questions commonly asked by patients and their families about the nature of their illness, treatment options, and prognosis. These questions can help guide discussions with your healthcare team and make sure that all of your concerns are addressed.
NIOS valid for IAS?
If you are willing to go for IAS or UPSC examination but not sure if NIOS would be accepted, here is an answer. You will be equally eligible for civil service exams such as IAS or UPSE, CSE, and PCS. complete graduation from a recognizable university and prepare for IAS.
So NIOS is perfect for IAS preparation, and you should not worry about it at all. All the best!
What is the difference between CBSE and NIOS?
The only difference between these two boards, CBSE and NIOS, is that –
CBSE is mainly for regular school students.
· In CBSE, you have to give the 11th and 12th exams separately, but in NIOS, there is only one exam for the 12th. What are the benefits of doing 12th from NIOS?
There are many benefits of doing 12th from NIOS; some of them are as follows –
· You can get direct admission to universities after passing 10+2 from NIOS.
· You don’t have to give any entrance exams like IIT JEE,
Is NIOS good for the future?
NIOS is a highly reputed and recommended board of the Indian government that doesn’t have fewer facilities than any other board, such as CBSE. So it is equally valuable and won’t harm your future at all. You can apply to any college or university after completing senior secondary education at the National Institute of open school.
By the way, you can read success stories of NIOS students here – www.nios.ac.in/success-stories.aspx
Interesting facts about NIOS
– NIOS was established in 1979 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
– The headquarter of NIOS is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
– NIOS is an autonomous body that offers quality and flexible Open and Distance Learning (ODL) opportunities.
– NIOS provides Open Educational Resources (OERs) to learners through its Open Schooling System.
– NIOS is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), DEC, Ministry of HRD, Government of India, and other leading educational bodies.
– Learners who have passed the NIOS examination can appear for any entrance exam such as – JEE, BITSAT, AIPMT, etc.
– NIOS offers on-demand examinations, so it is an opportunity for failure and dropout students to give examinations to their flexibility.
– NIOS is recognized on both national and global levels. It works through 21 Regional and 4 sub-centers and 6351 study centers in India, and 31 study centers in foreign countries like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Muscat, Kingdom of Bahrain, Nepal, etc.
– NIOS is known to conduct two examinations every year – April/May and October/November.
– For admission in Class 10th and 12th, candidates can visit the official website of NIOS – www.nios.ac.in
Nios Full Full and Full Details
Read About More: Full Forms