What is the full form of MCVC?
MCVC Full Form – Minimum Competency Vocational Courses
The full form of MCVC is Minimum Competency Vocational Courses. It is a course designed to provide students with the minimum skills and knowledge required to enter a particular trade or profession. The main objective of MCVC courses is to help students acquire employable skills to get jobs after completion of the course.
MCVC courses are offered mainly by vocational training institutes and polytechnics. They usually last for one year or two years, depending on the nature of the course. Popular MCVC courses include computer applications, secretarial practice, hotel management, and tourism management. Admission to these courses is generally based on the student’s 10th standard marks.
Branches available under the MCVC course
- Engineering Technology
- commerce Technology
- Agriculture Technology
- Health and Paramedical Technology
- Home Science Technology
Eligibility for MCVC course
Any student who has passed class 10 from a recognized board can join the MCVC course. It is enough to score the pass mark in the 10th standard for admission in this course. There is no need to have secured high marks or be from a particular stream to be eligible for the MCVC course. This makes the course accessible to students from all backgrounds.
Therefore, this course is ideal for students who wish to develop their practical skills and knowledge in a particular field without having to commit to a full degree programme. It can also act as a stepping stone for further study, allowing students to progress onto degree-level programmes if they so wish.
MCVC Course Duration
MCVC Course is 2 years duration and follows the usual plus two patterns. So, there will be 11th and 12th grades in this course too. This course is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required for a successful career in commerce. After completing this course, students can pursue further studies in various disciplines such as accounting, marketing, finance, human resource management, etc.
The tuition fees for the MCVC course are meagre. most institutes, students may have to pay fee from 2 to ₹ 5000 to complete this course. Most of the colleges or Institutes for this course are managed by the State and Central Governments.
This makes it affordable and possible for many people who want to take up this course but can not do so because of the high fees of other professional courses.
So if you are looking for a professional course with low fees, then MCVC is a good option.
Interesting Facts about the MCVC course
1. The MCVC course is becoming very popular today because it provides an opportunity for students who cannot score well in class 10th to get admission in ITI or Diploma.
2. The MCVC course has the same validation as the plus 2 patterns, meaning even after the MCVC course, students can do all the jobs and further studies which they would be able to do after the plus two patterns.
3. Today, there are many institutes in every state for MCVC courses, but Maharashtra has the most MCVC institutes.
4. Many students start their own business after this course, which is a testimony to its utility.
5. The MCVC course is thus proving to be very beneficial for students who want to make something of themselves despite not scoring well in class 10th.
Read About More: Full Forms