Undoubtedly, traditional braces can make you feel self-conscious. However, we have good news for those who don’t want to wear traditional braces. Now, you can improve your smile using a modern orthodontic treatment solution, known as Invisalign, even if your teeth are crooked.
Invisalign is a popular and effective approach to improve the structure of your teeth. Not only can these aligners give you your dream smile but also help boost your confidence.
Before you go ahead, you need to know what Invisalign is, how it works and how to take care of it. In this guide, we are going to share exactly this..
A Comprehensive Guide To Clean And Care For Your Invisalign Aligner
What Is Invisalign, And How Does It Work?
Invisalign is a clear aligner alternative to metal braces. Various trays apply pressure to the teeth to direct them into the desired position. Those trays are known as Invisalign aligners.
You can take out your Invisalign aligners whenever you want, so you won’t have to modify your lifestyle. You will see how important they are in giving you the self-assured and attractive smile you desire.
These aligners also require careful attention. According to the Edmonton Orthodontist, cleaning and caring for one’s Invisalign aligner requires following a certain routine.
Steps given by the Top Invisalign Provider in Edmonton to clean your Invisalign aligners are:
- Rinse it with lukewarm water at all times.
- Brush the entire tray in a circular motion after applying toothpaste to your retainer brush.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water once more.
- Examine the trays to see if there is any calcium accumulation.
- If you observe calcium buildup, don’t panic. Make sure your tray is clean by dipping it in an aligner cleaning agent.
- It will be ready to use after all of these steps.
How Do You Take Proper Care Of Your Invisalign Aligner?
- When you see a local Invisalign dentist, the first piece of instruction he will give you is to clean your trays after brushing your teeth.
- Your unclean trays can cause serious teeth problems as well as an unpleasant odour.
- There are a few cleansing solutions that could erode your trays. So always purchase a cleaning solution for your Invisalign trays after checking with your dentist.
- Because most aligners are made of plastic, avoid using hot water to clean them; otherwise, the heated water will change their shape, and they will no longer fit your teeth.
- Buy an aligner case to store them appropriately and securely.
- Finally, do not soak your trays with mouthwash. The colour from the mouthwash might permeate into the retainer, leaving you with a coloured retainer.
A common mistake among people wearing Invisalign aligners is not taking the aligners out while eating or drinking anything other than water. This becomes the reason for their aligner’s destruction. Please make sure to keep this in mind to avoid any damaged trays.
Because Invisalign aligners are costly, taking excellent care of them can save you a lot of money. Always remember to take it off before eating or drinking anything other than water. Brushing them with toothpaste and then washing them with lukewarm water is an ideal approach to clean them. Soak the trays in a cleansing substance if there is any calcium buildup on it.
Before purchasing an aligner cleaning solution, always seek advice from your dentist. An aligner case is a good method to keep your Invisalign aligners safe and secure.