If an employee leaves your company, you’ll need to take steps to block their access to Microsoft 365. This will ensure they can’t sign in and access your company’s data. You’ll need to change the User’s status in the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) portal.
First, sign in to the Azure AD portal with your administrator account. Then, select the Users tab and find the User you want to block. Select the ellipsis next to their name, and then select Block under User type.
Confirm that you want to block the User, and then select Save. The User’s status will be changed to Blocked, and they will no longer be able to sign in to Microsoft 365.
If you need to grant access to another employee so they can access the former employee’s email and OneDrive data, you can do so by changing the User’s status in Azure AD back to User. Then, follow the steps in this article to grant access to another employee.
You can also use Azure AD to delete the User’s account entirely. This will remove all of their data from Microsoft 365, including their email and OneDrive files. To do this, select Delete under User type. Confirm that you want to delete the User, and then select Save.
Blocking access to Microsoft 365
for users who are no longer employed is the first step in protecting your company’s data. As a global administrator, you can easily block access by following these steps:
- 1. Log in to your Microsoft 365 account.
- 2. Go to the Admin Center.
- 3. Under Users, select Active Users.
- 4. Select the User you want to block, and then click Disable User in the top menu bar.
- 5. In the pop-up window, select Block the User from signing in and click Yes to confirm.
Blocking access will prevent the User from signing in to their Microsoft 365 account, which will help protect your company’s data from being accessed or tampered with. You can also delete the User’s account entirely, but this should only be done in consultation with your company’s IT department.
Get company’s data
after an employee leaves can be crucial to maintaining security and preventing data loss. As a global administrator, you can retrieve this data. you can simply follow these steps:
- 1. Log into your Microsoft 365 account as a global administrator.
- 2. Click On on the “Security & Compliance” center.
- 3. Select “Permissions.”
- 4. Click on the “Former Employees” group.
- 5. From here, you can manage the permissions of former employees and retrieve any company data they may have left behind.
Following these steps will ensure you can get your company’s data after an employee leaves and maintain control over your company’s information.
Allowing access email and OneDrive data
After a former employee has been blocked can be done by following these steps:
- 1. Log in as a global administrator.
- 2. Now Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- 3. Select the Users tab.
- 4. Select the Active User option.
- 5. Find the User you want to give access to, and then click on their name.
- 6. In the Permissions section, select the checkboxes next to the permissions you want to grant.
- 7. Click Save changes.
These are the basic steps you need to follow to block access to Microsoft 365 and get your company’s data. Following these steps, you can protect your data and ensure that only authorized employees can access it. You can also use these steps to allow other employees to access email and OneDrive data. For any concerns you have, feel free to get in touch with us. We’re always happy to help.
Click Here For More Updates: Newswireclub