The problematic QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 can prevent users from restoring the backup of a company file. This error prevents QuickBooks from operating company files and it usually appears without any indications.
Do you also encounter the QuickBooks error 6123? If yes then this informative post will guide you to solve and prevent this error from appearing again. But before discussing its solutions, it is very crucial to understand the causes behind the occurrence of this error. So let’s start with the major causes behind its appearance.
Having an idea of what causes the QB error 6123, 0 helps users prevent and diagnose the error by applying appropriate solutions. Therefore check the following triggers that cause the QuickBooks Error Code 6123 to appear.
- Damaged/corrupt QuickBooks application’s data files are the main culprit behind this error.
- In case your antivirus has enabled the option “Block Web Bugs”.
- Incorrect configuration of the firewall causing a block in the communication port of the server.
- A damaged/crashed windows OS often causes the error to appear.
- In case your system has Various active QB Database servers operating, it might cause the system to show the error.
- If you try to restore backup via external/online storage, the error 6123 may emerge.
After discussing the major causes that trigger the QuickBooks error 6123 – 0, let’s move to the effective solutions that fix this irritating error.
Note: It is advised to turn off your antivirus and restart the system before proceeding with the below-mentioned solutions.
You Should Also Read About Business Setup in UAE & Company Registration in Dubai in 2021
The outdated version of the QB desktop attracts errors and causes loss of performance degradation. Keeping the QB up to date prevents any bugs, glitches, and issues. To run QB Desktop update follow:
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Select “Help menu”.
- Click “Update QuickBooks“.
- Hit “Update Now”.
- After that, you must choose the updates accordingly.
- Follow the instructions.
- Close QuickBooksClose.
- After that, you will get the “Install now” message, click accordingly.
- Finally, restart the system.
QBFD refers to the “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool” which is uniquely designed and developed Intuit has uniquely designed and developed via Intuit for the purpose of diagnosing and fixing various errors such as Quickbooks Error 6190 816 and QuickBooks Error 6123.
In case you’ve already installed this tool, check for the updated version, or else follow these steps:
Step 1: Download Latest QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Visit Intuit’s Website.
- Locate QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click “Download”.
- Follow instructions.
- Finally, tap “Finish”.
Step 2: Use File Doctor
After installing QB Tool Hub, you must run the QuickBooks File Doctor. Hence follow:
- Launch “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Select ‘Company File”.
- Tap “Run QuickBooks File Doc”
- Go downwards.
- Either pick the troublesome file or use “Browse” if it’s not there.
- Locate .QBW file.
- Tick “Check your file”.
- Hit “Continue”.
- Input “Credentials” if requested.
- After that, when you hit “Continue”, the repairing will start.
- Finally hit “Open QuickBooks”.
Step 3: Use Program problem Fixer tool from Tool Hub
In case the second step didn’t solve your issue then follow this:
- Close QB application.
- Launch “Tools Hub”.
- Visit “Program issues”.
- Hit “QuickFix My Program”.
- Let the process finish.
- Finally, launch the “QB program” and ensure if the error persists.
Renaming the (.ND/TLG) file requires these steps:
- Locate the “QuickBooks” Folder where your file is located.
- Open it.
- Tap-right on the .ND file.
- Click “Rename”.
- Add .OLD at last (.ND.OLD) without brackets.
- After that, locate .TLG file.
- Repeat the process.
- Finally, Launch the troublesome QB company file.
- Select the .TLG file and rename it as did previously
If the above-mentioned solutions were unable to help you, then there might be some issue that can be fixed via restoring backup from local storage. Follow:
- Locate the folder having “QuickBooks Company File”.
- Then, look for “QuickBooks Backup Folder”.
- Navigate and select the .qbb file corresponding to your company name.
- Now, Copy and paste the “Backup” file on your system’s local storage.
- Finally, Launch QB and restore the moved file from local storage.
In case after applying all these mentioned solutions the QuickBooks Error Code 6123 still persists then the reason behind this must be due to restoring the file on a new PC. Our next and final steps should definitely help you treat this error.
- Launch QuickBooks using the old system carrying Backup.
- Tap “File”.
- Select “Create Copy”.
- Click “Create Portable_Company_File”.
- Hit “Next”.
- Name the file.
- Choose the location.
- Then, click “Save”.
- Hit “Ok”.
- Thereafter you must move the created file to the new PC and then
- Launch “QuickBooks”.
- Then “File” tab.
- Choose “Restore Portable_File”.
- Tap “Next”.
- After that, browse/select “Portable File” having an extension of .QBM
- Click “Open”.
- Read instructions.
- Finally, hit “Next and “Save” prior to opening the company file.
We hope this post solved all the queries of fixing the QuickBooks error 6123. This informative post contains the causes and solutions with the deep research of our team. The solutions provided by us are tested and verified by experts and they will surely help you fix the QB 6123
You can also learn about Best PC Cleaner Software from here.