What Is The Full Form Of B.tech?
B.tech Full Form: Bachelor of Technology
The full form of B.tech is Bachelor of technology. It is an undergraduate academic degree awarded to students who have completed a three-year or four-year study in engineering, mathematics, and science.
B.tech programs are offered in various disciplines, including computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and civil engineering. Admission to B.tech programs is generally based on the applicant’s score on a national level entrance examination, such as the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
Eligibility for B.tech / Engineering
There are a few eligibility criteria that candidates need to meet to be eligible for B.tech courses:
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in their qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible for a relaxation of up to 5% in the minimum marks requirement.
- Candidates must also have cleared the JEE Main entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Candidates who meet all these eligibility criteria will be considered for admission to B.tech courses offered at participating institutes.
Admission to B. Tech course
If you want to pursue a career in engineering, you need to get admission into a good engineering college. And for that, you will have to clear the entrance exam with good marks. The B. Tech course is one of the most popular courses among engineering aspirants. This article will give you all the information you need to know about getting admission into a B. Tech course.
The first thing you need to do is decide which engineering stream you want to study. There are many specializations in engineering, such as computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc. Start preparing for the entrance exam once you have decided on your stream. The entrance exam for B. Tech is called the Joint Entrance Examination ( JEE).
To get admission into a good engineering college, you will need to score well in the JEE. The JEE is divided into the Main exam and the Advanced exam. Candidates who clear the Main exam with good marks are eligible to appear for the Advanced exam.
Top Entrance exams for B.tech Admission
- JEE MAIN- for IIT, NIT, and other leading colleges of India
- JEE Advanced- for IIT only
- BITSAT- for BITS Pilani college
- SRMJEEE- for SRM group of colleges
- VITEEE- for VIT college
- MIT- For Manipal Engineering college
- KITEE- For Kalinga Engineering college, Bhubaneshwar
- WBJEE- for west Bengal Engineering colleges
- Popular Top Branches of B. Tech
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biotech Engineering
- Bio-Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Information Technology
- marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Plastic Engineering
- Software Engineering
B.Tech Top Colleges
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Institute of Technology New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Anna University, Chennai
- National Institute of Technology Trichy
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
Roles after B. Tech course-
- Junior Engineer
Read About More: Full Forms